What is physiotherapy?
Injuries to the bones, muscles, nerves and other parts of the body responsible for mobility and strength can drastically impact our lives. Activities like walking, driving and other daily functions become taxing, making life’s activities less enjoyable. Alongside medical treatments, doctors integrate physiotherapy to help patients restore movement and physical strength to their bodies.
Physiotherapy is described as treatments offered by physiotherapists to restore and maintain bodily movement and functions after going through trauma caused by ageing, injury, pain, disabilities and conditions caused by environmental factors. Physiotherapy focuses on using physical activities and other treatments to create and maintain functional ability through life.
Physiotherapists study your body movement and medical history to create physical wellness plans promoting healthy lifestyles through exercises, injury prevention, and treatments & rehabilitation.
“A good physiotherapist will help to quickly identify where you are with the progression of a condition and direct the appropriate forces to be applied. Some of my most rewarding moments as a physiotherapist come as clients realize how far off what they have been doing is compared to what needs to be done.“
– Andrew Lester, Physiotherapist, INLIV
What issues can physiotherapy help treat?
- Neck and back pain
- Problems in the bones, joints, muscles and ligaments
- Lung problems
- Heart problems
- Pelvic issues
- Loss of mobility
- Cancer-related problems
- Wound treatment
- Fatigue, pain, swelling, stiffness and loss of muscle strength
What are the benefits of physiotherapy?
- Treats sudden to persisting injuries to the muscles and body
- Strengthens your muscles and prevents future injuries
- Restores your body’s function and ease of movement
- Studies your health history and personal needs to create customized treatment plans
- Promotes long-term pain management
- Prepares your body for surgery and supports its healing after it
- Improves your overall strength, coordination and conditioning
- Improves your heart’s function and supports recovery from heart failure
- Promotes breathing exercises that help restore optimal lung function
- Improves your mental health and wellness
Physiotherapy Services at INLIV
Our INLIV physiotherapist, Andrew Lester, has been practicing physiotherapy for over 17 years. He succeeds at helping our patients improve their mobility and wellbeing through high-quality physical therapy, tissue mobilization and exercise strategies.
You’ll find Andrew providing the following services at INLIV:
- Treatment of acute/traumatic and chronic injury, conditions, and disorders
- Mobility and movement rehabilitation
- Movement screening and injury prevention
- Manual therapy including joint mobilization and manipulation
- Passive exercises and stretching
- Massage & Modalities such as ultrasound and muscle stimulation
- Intramuscular stimulation/ dry needling & acupuncture
- Custom exercise programming and consultation
- Pain Management treatment and strategiex
- Pre & post surgical management and complication avoidance
What to expect during your physiotherapy sessions at INLIV
- Examination of your health and your needs
- Evaluates our findings to make a diagnosis
- Creation of treatment and self-management programs that prioritize your needs and wellbeing
- Continuous monitoring of your progress to make adjustments to your treatments
Reserve your physiotherapy session at INLIV in Calgary
Physiotherapy treatments at INLIV are available to the public. To reserve your appointment or learn more about INLIV, reach out to one of our health advisors, email us at getINtouch@inliv.com, or give us a call at 403-538-8881