How do you get rid of sun spots?
Removing sun spots – those red and brown imperfections on your skin can be achieved using several treatment options. And now that summer has passed, it’s an ideal time of year to embark on a skin rejuvenation plan to help restore that healthy, vibrant complexion.
Treatments such as fractional laser, intense pulsed light, chemical peels and some skin care products are highly effective to freshen your face, but are too aggressive during the summer months when your skin is frequently exposed to the sun. Autumn is the perfect time to take stock of your skin and address the sun spots, age spots, and visible broken blood vessels that create an irregular blotchy appearance to your complexion.
At INLIV, we may recommend combining treatments like Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) or chemical peels with medical-grade products to maximize the impact of your at-home skin care.
IPL is used to get rid of age spots and sun spots on:
- Most areas where you are experiencing irregular skin tone
Facts about Intense Pulsed Light
- IPL uses gentle pulses of light to deliver energy into the skin
- This energy targets only the red and brown pigmented areas leaving the surrounding skin cells unharmed
- IPL patients report minimal discomfort during the treatment
- To treat the full face will take about 30 minutes. Treatment of other areas depends upon the size
- Typically, most people experience a sunburn-like sensation that usually subsides by 24-48 hours
- Occasionally patients may experience minor swelling
- Many blood vessels disappear immediately after treatment, while some of the larger vessels and pigmentation spots will slowly clear over the next one to two weeks
- Improvement can be seen in just one treatment
- Several treatments may be needed depending on the severity of the condition and the results desired
Click here to learn more about IPL, and book your free consultation with our INLIV registered nurse, Nadia Zinchuk. Nadia has been administering laser treatments, IPL and chemical peel treatments for 15 years, and will help educate and advise you on the treatments and products best suited for your skincare needs.
Get your glow back and stop covering and concealing those skin imperfections, with minimal discomfort and downtime. Call today at 403.538.8881, Extension 2 or email us to schedule your free IPL and skin care consultation.
Want answers on what treatments and products are best for your skin concerns?
- Book a skincare consultation by email or by phone – Nadia Zinchuk, our INLIV Medical Aesthetics registered nurse offers personalized skin care analyses using Visia to measure and map wrinkles, pigmented spots, sun damage and texture. Following your assessment, Nadia will provide you with recommended products for at-home care in addition to treatment options.
- Click here to read more about our medical aesthetic treatments. You can now search by the condition you’re experiencing and by the treatment you’re interested in.
- Visit our website to sign up for our newsletter and stay current on our latest news, services, and tips. You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
Nadia Zinchuk brings over 20 years of nursing experience, including more than a decade specializing in the medical aesthetics field. Nadia received her Bachelor of Science in Nursing in 1992 from the University of Alberta, and received her certification in occupational health nursing in 2003 from MacEwan College University. She also has advanced training in CoolSculpting, body contouring, facial rejuvenation, anti-aging treatments and corrective skincare. Her enthusiasm for her work stems from seeing her clients transform and seeing their increased confidence and sense of wellbeing. Nadia also loves to play tennis, fish, bike and travel.
– Nidia Zinchuk