Total Health Management clients can now use their annual flex credits for Psychological Health sessions with our registered psychologist, Karin Klassen. Each Psychological Health session requires 2 credits.
Our clinical psychologist has experience providing assessment and treatment for adults with a variety of mental health challenges, including depression, anxiety, self-esteem issues, life transitions, relationship problems and stress management. Single sessions and treatment plans are available.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How long is a session?
- Each session is 50 minutes. This is commonly referred to as the “50 minute hour.” The extra 10 minutes gives the psychologist time to record any progress notes and get ready for their next client.
What is the cost after my flex credits are used up?
- Standard session – 50 minutes: $250.
What is the cancellation policy?
- One business days’ notice (24 hours), otherwise you will be charged for the full appointment ($250). If the appointment was booked using a Flex Credit, the Credit will be forfeited.
What happens if I arrive late?
- The session will end at the previously confirmed time due to the psychologist’s schedule. INLIV reserves the right to cancel an appointment if you arrive 30 minutes after the confirmed time. The cancellation charge will be applied in this event.
Is psychology covered by Alberta Health Care?
- Psychological services are not covered by Alberta Health Care but may be partially or fully covered by extended health insurance plans. The coverage for each carrier is different, so please check your plan to confirm the coverage for psychological services, the claim procedure, details required on receipts, and whether or not you will require a letter of referral from your physician.